HOW TO GET FROM
Roxas City to Gigantes Island
BEST THINGS TO DO IN ILOILO
Islas de Gigantes Guide
Getting to Gigantes Island From Roxas City
Compared to the airport in Iloilo City, Caticlan, and Kalibo, the airport in Roxas City, which is located in the Philippine province of Capiz, is the top choice of most tourists because it is situated in a more convenient location in relation to Carles, which serves as the port of embarkation for trips to the Gigantes islands.
Why do you have to travel by air through Roxas City Airport when going to Gigantes Island in Carles? You can reduce your travel time to Islas de Gigantes because Carles is only 77 kilometers (1.5 hours) away from the said airport. On the other hand, both the Iloilo International Airport and Kalibo International Airport are roughly 143 kilometers away from Carles.
To go to the Roxas Airport, book a flight to one of the airlines that provide service to Roxas from Manila, Clark, or Cebu. If you are flying in from South Korea, China, USA, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, India, or Germany you also have the option of taking a flight to Roxas City Airport through Manila. The airport in Roxas City is not an international airport so you will really need a connecting flight from Manila.
After leaving the Arrival Section of Roxas City Airport, proceed to Roxas City Integrated Bus Station or Lawaan Transport Terminal.
You may reach the Roxas city integrated bus station by taking a tricycle there. The fare is approximately ₱150. The amount of time spent in transit is approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Ride the bus heading to Estancia. The fare is ₱65.
Alternatively, you can also take a van for the price of ₱75.
In the event that you want to ride a van, you will be dropped off right at the Bancal port.
If you want to ride a bus, you need to get off the bus at Balasan, Estancia, and then take a tricycle (for ₱50 per passenger; take note that all seats need to be occupied so if you are in a hurry, you may need to charter a tricycle) or a habal-habal/motorcycle (for ₱150 to ₱200) to the Bancal port in Carles.
Bancal Port is the most convenient departure point for getting to Gigantes island. Travel of this distance should take about an hour an a half. So the trip takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
The first trip departs at 6:00 a.m., and the final trip departs at 6:00 pm
When riding a van, do not forget to inform the driver to drop you off at Bancal Port. If riding a bus, inform the driver that you need to alight at Balasan.
At the port of Bancal, pay your payment of ₱75 for the environmental fee at the tourism office.
You will head on an outrigger boat to travel to Gigantes Island after getting off at Bancal Port in the town of Carles. You have 3 options:
- You can go on a tour of Gigantes island by chartering a boat for the day.
- You can also go to Gigantes island on a group/joiners’ tour.
- Alternatively, you may take the passenger boat from Bancal port to get to Lango beach in Gigantes Norte, which is where the majority of the homestays are. After that, you will be able to hire a boat from that location in order to go island hopping around Gigantes island. The public passenger boat departs at 10:00 in the morning at the port of Bancal, and the boat arrives at Gigantes Norte at around 11:30 in the morning. The same boat then leaves for Bancal port at 2:00 pm and arrives there at 3:30 pm on the same day. The fare is ₱100, and the trip should take approximately one hour and a half.
In the event that you are too late to catch the public boat, you have the option of taking the shuttle express from the port of Bancal to Gigantes Norte. The cost is ₱300. The following is a breakdown of the shuttle express schedule:
- The hours for Monday through Thursday are as follows: 7:00 pm, 10:00 a.m., 3:00 pm, and 4:30 p.m.
- From Friday through Sunday, the hours will be as follows: 8:30 am and 12:30 pm
- The cost of the fare from Roxas to Balasan is around ₱75 per passenger.
- It will cost you around ₱200 to charter a tricycle from Balasan to Bancal Port.
- The environmental fee and the public boat from Bancal Port to Gigantes Norte cost ₱75 per person. For Filipino students, people with disabilities, and senior citizens, there is a subsidized charge of ₱60 (provided they have a valid and acceptable form of ID).
Go rock scrambling – In Gigantes Sur, an extremely rough trail goes to the top of the limestone cliffs that locals call the “Boulevard.” The Gigantes group of islands and the Visayan sea may be seen from this elevated vantage point in all directions.
How to Get From Roxas Airport to Gigantes Island?
How to Get From Roxas City to Gigantes Island?
How to Get to Gigantes Island from Roxas Airport?
How to Get to Gigantes Island from Roxas City Airport?
How to Get From Roxas Capiz to Gigantes Island?
Trending Searches: 2023, accommodation, Antonia, airport, beach, book, Cabugao, de, Gamay, Gigantes, Higante, hopping, hotel, hotels, isla, island, islands, islas, map, package, resort, Tangke, tour, tours, travel, budget, Gigantes, Isla Gigantes, Gigantes Islands, Islas de Gigantes, Islas Gigantes, Sicogon, Carles, Estancia, Iloilo, Kalibo, Roxas, Caticlan (Boracay), and Philippines.