HOW TO GET FROM
Iloilo to Gigantes Island
BEST THINGS TO DO IN ILOILO
Islas de Gigantes Guide
Getting to Gigantes Island From Iloilo
You can fly direct to the Iloilo International Airport from Manila, Clark, or Cebu if you’re coming from those cities. If you are flying in from South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, or Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, you also have the option of taking a flight to Iloilo through Manila.
Iloilo City is located further away than Roxas City; nevertheless, there are more flights to Iloilo, and these flights are also less expensive. Iloilo City is home to an international airport while Roxas City houses a domestic one.
In the event that you decide to go with this alternative, the following is how you might reach the island of Gigantes from Iloilo City:
- Book a flight to the Iloilo International Airport.
- To get to the City of Iloilo from the Iloilo airport, you can either take a bus or a van.
- Tagbak Terminal is located in Jaro, Iloilo. You may get there by taking a taxi or a jeepney.
- Alternatively, you can take a taxi from Iloilo International Airport direct to Tagbak Terminal in Jaro District to get to the Islas de Gigantes.
- To get to either Estancia or Carles, take a Ceres bus (which costs around ₱200) or a van (which may cost up to around ₱350) to Carles. The trip takes somewhere between three and a half to four hours to complete if you ride a bus. Riding a van may take only two and a half to three hours.
- Do not forget to inform the driver to drop you off at Bancal Port (if you are riding a van) or at Balasan (if you are riding a bus).
- Get off the bus at Balasan, Estancia, and then take a tricycle (for 50 pesos per passenger; take note that all seats need to be occupied so if you are in a hurry, you may need to charter a tricycle) or a habal-habal/motorcycle (for 150 to 200 pesos) to the Bancal port in Carles.
- There are vans that go straight to Bancal which is a better option since you do not have to alight at Balasan.
Traveling by bus may take you 3.5 to 4 hours while taking a van could take you about 2.5 to 3 hours.
Iloilo City is approximately 143 kilometers away from Bancal in Carles.
At the port of Bancal, go to the tourism office and pay the environmental fee of ₱75.
You will head on an outrigger boat to travel to Gigantes Island after getting off at Bancal Port in the town of Carles. It takes 1.5 hours to get there. So, in order to reach the island of Gigantes, you will need to make your way to the port of Bancal and then select one of the following options. The travel takes roughly a time and a half and a half:
- Join an island hopping tour to Gigantes island.
- Hire a private boat. Gigantes island is perfect for island hopping, so be sure to hire a boat for a private tour. Those individuals who are interested in doing their own Gigantes island tour will benefit much from this.
- Ride the public boat from Bancal port or Estancia port to Lango beach in Gigantes Norte. You’ll find a wide variety of homestays along this stretch of beach. You can rent a boat to go island hopping around the Gigantes at Gigantes Norte. When the public boat leaves the port of Bancal at 10:00 in the morning, it arrives at Gigantes Norte at approximately 11:30 in the morning. The same boat departs for the port of Bancal at 2:00 p.m. and arrives at 3:30 p.m.
In the event that you missed the schedule of the public boat, you have the option of taking the shuttle express that runs between Bancal port and Gigantes Norte for the cost of 300. The following is a breakdown of the shuttle express schedule:
- The hours for Monday through Thursday are as follows: 7:00 pm, 10:00 a.m., 3:00 pm, and 4:30 p.m.
- From Friday through Sunday, the hours will be as follows: 8:30 am and 12:30 pm
After arriving at Lango beach in Gigantes Norte using a public boat, you can then charter a boat to travel to either Antonia island or Cabugao Gamay island, where you can spend the night. If you decide to spend the night on one of these islands, you will first need to take the public boat to Lago beach in Gigantes Norte (see the directions given above for more information on how to get there), and then you will need to hire a private boat to take you to the island where you will be spending the night. You will need to charter a boat in order to visit the surrounding islands while you are on Gigantes island. Island hopping or exploring neighboring caves are two of the most popular activities on Gigantes Island.
- Joiners’ Package
- Private Tour
- Iloilo-Gigantes Tour
- Roxas-Gigantes Tour
Getting to Carles
Getting to Gigantes
Where to Stay
How to Get From Iloilo International Airport to Gigantes Island?
How to Get From Iloilo Airport to Gigantes Island?
How to Get to Gigantes Island from Iloilo Airport?
How to Get to Gigantes Island from Iloilo International Airport?
How to Get From Iloilo to Gigantes Island?
Trending Searches: 2023, accommodation, Antonia, airport, beach, book, Cabugao, de, Gamay, Gigantes, Higante, hopping, hotel, hotels, isla, island, islands, islas, map, package, resort, Tangke, tour, tours, travel, budget, Gigantes, Isla Gigantes, Gigantes Islands, Islas de Gigantes, Islas Gigantes, Sicogon, Carles, Estancia, Iloilo, Kalibo, Roxas, Caticlan (Boracay), and Philippines.